Changes to Local Bus Service 331
New residential development taking place in Buntingford will release funding for improvements to service 331 which are planned to come into operation on 2nd July 2018.
Between Buntingford and Hertford buses will run every hour for most of the day. As this frequency is operationally incompatible with the present generally two-hourly service between Buntingford and Royston, the section north of Buntingford will become a separate service numbered 18. Buses will be timed to connect at Buntingford and through fares will be available.
The current operator, Arriva, will be providing about 60% of the Monday-Friday 331 journeys on a commercial basis and there will be some reductions to peak period services to ensure affordability of the supported portion of the service.
In more detail the changes are as follows:
Service 331 will feature:
- Frequency between peak periods on Mondays to Fridays and on Saturdays increased to hourly
- Journeys timed to provide connections with trains to and from London at Ware
- Monday-Friday morning peak journeys towards Hertford are reduced by one and from Hertford will run hourly departing at 55 minute past each hour until 1855
Generally the additional 331 journeys are planned to run via the A10 between Buntingford and Puckeridge on order to serve developments off London Road. Routeings within Buntingford will be subject to change as opportunities to serve the new estates arise.
Service 18 will be provided under contract to the county council by Centrebus and will offer:
- Journeys generally every 2- 3 hours between Royston and Buntingford
- A service to new development in Royston at Sassoon Drive reached via Burns Road
Small buses will be used on the 18 allowing operation via Kneesworth Street instead of Green Drift and Tannery Drift.
Usage of service 331 will be monitored and the timetable kept under review in the light of the demand which develops.
You can collect the new timetables at The Manor House or download them here.
Posted: Thu, 17 May 2018 14:00 by Clerk's Office